I’ll be taking a break for most of August but I wanted to give you a quick update on 2 things I’m part of this Summer.
Asah: Creativity & Prayer Studio
7pm on Monday June 28th, July 19th, and August 16th.
Asah (pronounced aw-saw’) is the Hebrew word for “make.” It is also the word used in the Bible when talking about a tree “bearing” fruit. “Asah: Creativity & Prayer Studio” is a series of workshops on that will explore the relationship between art, prayer and imagination. The plan for each night will be to take a little bit of time to discuss the relationship between prayer & creativity. We will then engage in a Spiritual Practice from the Monastic tradition that utilizes our imagination. Lastly we will be led in an art workshop that encourages prayer, reflection and meditation as part of creativity. Everyone is welcome, whether you are a professional artist or just starting out on your creative journey.
Check out the Asah Facebook Event Page for all the details: https://www.facebook.com/events/4048341978612889/
Street Prayer & Virtual Prayer Truck July 2nd – 18th, 2021
Every year GOHOP has a prayer room in the back of a Uhaul truck parked behind the Living Rock (a ministry for street involved youth). We can’t do that this year but we can still pray for people who are street involved and for ministries like the Rock who provide a place of healthy community for street youth. Here is the official invitation:
Here we are again. It’s 2021 and there are still no indications that we can pray, on site, in person, from a rented U-Haul truck parked outside the Living Rock. The Prayer Truck, which has been a GOHOP staple for many years now, will have to be put on hold for another year.
We learned this from last year’s Virtual Prayer Truck: no truck, no problem. God still responds when we pray, whether from our homes or we walk the streets. Prayer is powerful and effective and we would again be remiss to pass on an opportunity to pray with and for the Living Rock and the at-risk youth it tirelessly works to serve.
We are therefore inviting you to join us for Virtual Prayer Truck 2021.
The Virtual Prayer Truck is a 2-week prayer vigil for the Living Rock and its youth, for people experiencing homelessness, and for injustices including racism and poverty and will run from Friday, July 2 to Sunday, July 18.
We will pray in various ways from various places. VPT will include:
Prayer Walking (for those walking around Living Rock, they can pick up Water Bottles to hand out while you walk)
Daily online prayer via Zoom (10am & 7pm)
Prayer from home (If you commit to do this we would love to have you officially sign up so we can all see that we are part of a community of prayer)
To sign up to pray (in person, at home, or online), go to our online calendar.
For more information go to our website at www.gohop.ca
If you have any questions please contact Margie at email@example.com
To donate to this project, click here.
(surplus donations will given to the LIving Rock)
Grace and Peace,
The GOHOP team”
Thanks for taking the time to check out these two opportunities.
Here are a couple ways you can be specifically praying for me:
- Pray for me as I help lead the Asah team. This is a brand new endeavour so we are really testing to see if this is something that should continue in the fall as an in person event.
- Pray for me as I endeavour to be part of a number of in person prayer walks around Living Rock. In some of my previous jobs I used to do street outreach downtown with at-risk youth. Pray that I would have opportunities to engage with you and to pray for youth in person as it is appropriate.
Just a quick update on my fundraising endeavours. A few more donations have come in and I now have my time covered until the end of September 2021. My monthly support (people signed up for giving plans) is at 48% of my total goal. I have been very blessed to have received a number of individual one time donations over the last year. These one time donations have made up the other 52% of the funding I need. Andy (my boss at GOHOP) suggested I might start seeing a yearly trend of giving from people not signed up for a monthly plan. I would still prefer to have a greater percentage of my support come from monthly giving plans, but I’m earning to trust God in providing for my family with the continued surprise of individual donations.
For anyone wanting to take a look at my fundraising goals, make a donation, or sign up for a monthly giving plan you can find all that info posted here: https://randellneudorf.com/gohop/fundraising-plan/
CLICK HERE to make an Online Donation through CandaHelps.org
Please continue to pray for my fundraising journey:
- Pray that I would be able to increase my monthly support to 75% of my total goal by the end of 2021.
- Pray that I would have opportunities to connect with new people interested in my ministry
Grace & Peace to you as your embark on your own summer adventures,
Randell (Randy) Neudorf