All GOHOP staff raise their own support. I am a big believer in being really upfront about money, so here is my fundraising plan:
- My goal is to raise $2897 a month. That amount would allow me to work 25 hours a week for GOHOP at a rate of pay of $25/h. That breaks down to $2705.51 for my monthly gross pay (including income tax, CPP and EI) and $191.40 for an employee remittance tax that is part of the mandatory employment related costs (MERCs) incurred by all employers that are rarely seen by people in more traditional employment situations.
- If more money was raised, my rate of pay would not go up. Any extra money would go to my ministry related expenses. If a substantial amount of money came in above my goal, GOHOP would expand my hours and duties.
- If less money was raised, I would reduce my hours and work to continue fundraising up to my goal. 25 hours is really the minimum amount of time needed for me to do my ministry well.
- I have currently raised enough support to have been paid in full from December 2020 until October 2021 (this has been a huge encouragement to me). As of November 2021 I have raised 44% of my monthly goal through 11 people being signed up for a monthly giving plan. To reach my goal, I need to raise an additional $1597 per month. Building up a support team of monthly givers is the most sustainable way to make this happen. In my mind this is totally doable.
Here is what it could look like for me to reach my goal:
- 3 people giving $200 per month.
- 4 people giving $100 per month.
- 4 people giving $75 per month.
- 4 people giving $50 per month.
- 4 people giving $25 per month.
- Would you please pray and consider being part of my monthly financial support team? I really feel called to this ministry with GOHOP so I’m trusting that God already has a specific support team in mind (but there are no hard feelings if it doesn’t feel like this is a good fit for you). It has been my experience that God likes to bring eclectic teams together so any amount that you feel led to give (large or small) is much appreciated.
- “Monthly Giving Plans” are the most sustainable way for me to reach my monthly budget goals. That being said “One Time Donations” are also welcome if you feel so led.
- Prayer support is key! I’m not working for the “Greater Ontario House of Donations” so if you feel called to be part of my support team through prayer please let me know.
- Tapping Shoulders. We all have different networks. If you know someone who you think might want to learn about my ministry or be part of my support team please let them know about what I’m doing. I’m also happy to be a guest speaker at church gatherings, conferences, workshops and small groups.
- Click Here to find out how to create a Monthly Giving Plan or make a Donation.
GOHOP /// Values /// What We Do /// Randy’s Job /// Fundraising Plan /// Donate
CLICK HERE to download all of these pages in a Printer Friendly PDF